Matthew 28:19-20 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
The 4 Keys to our Mission
- To Go and share the Good News of Jesus with People Everywhere
- To Make Disciples for Christ
- To Help Believers Grow in their Personal Relationship with Jesus Christ
- To Equip the Saints for the work of Ministry
1. To Go – We believe that God wants to use all believers TO GO out into the World and share the Good News of Jesus with others in their daily lives (Matthew 28:19). God wants us TO Go be a Light by letting people in our daily lives see Christ in us (Matthew 5:16). Use whatever platform, talents, skills and abilities you have to share the Gospel with others, just like a fisherman uses his tools to catch fish. Jesus told the fishermen He called to be His Disciples in Matthew 4:19 “I will make you fishers of men”.
2. To Make – Disciples does involve winning souls or pointing people in the right direction to receive Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior; It also goes a step further, it also involves sharing with them the Next Steps they need to take in their New Life in Christ, in order for them to get off to a good start. 2 Corinthians 5:17 teaches us “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new”.
3. To Help – Believers Grow in their New Life in Jesus Christ; Spiritual Growth is crucial for our Success as Believers. The Church helps Believers to grow Spiritually by feeding them the Word of God but only God can cause them to grow. Just like a New Born Baby, the parents give them milk but the parents cannot make the child grow, only God can make things grow; our job is to plant seeds and water them and also to feed God’s sheep and lead them to Jesus but only God gives growth (1 Corinthians 3:17). 1 Peter 2:2 teaches “As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby”:
4. To Equip – The Saints for the work of Ministry. As Believers begin to grow, mature and develop God’s desire is to use them to Minister the Saving Power of Jesus Christ with others. For Saints to do this, the Saints need to be Equipped with Spiritual Tools and Training so they can GO do the Work of Ministry (Ephesians 4:12). The devil fears Christians becoming mature, fully developed and equipped because these kinds of Believers know how to overcome the tricks and traps of the enemy and they also know how to win souls. Just like any Army, The Church has Equipment (The Armor of God) that we need in order for us to Win and to be Victorious over the enemy. For the Saints to be Successful, we need to be Equipped to Serve in God’s Army (Ephesians 6:11-17). Once the Saints are Equipped, they are then ready TO: GO share the Good News, MAKE Disciples and HELP other Believers Grow.